Ceramic Valley Enterprise Zone
Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire has been successful in its bid to create one of the country’s 26 Enterprise Zones.
The benefits this brings to our local area will be huge including creating up to 9000 new jobs and rejuvenating 140 hectares of largely brownfield land.
The Ceramic Valley Enterprise Zone (EZ) is based on a simple premise, focusing on unlocking seven key sites along the strategic A500 Corridor to accelerate investment in a range of employment sectors, including:
- Developing a “Ceramics Valley”, capitalising on the city’s unique selling point as the World Capital of Ceramics, home of the UK ceramics industry, and accelerating the diversification into technical ceramics;
- Taking advantage of our unique strategic location at the heart of an engineering and automotive triangle between car assembly plants in the West Midlands, Merseyside and Derby – creating a compelling supply chain offer;
- Building on the momentum created through the city’s unique energy offer, and Government investment and private sector interest in the proposed district heat network.
The delivery of the EZ will be underpinned by a strong offer for business including:
- A prime location The corridor of the A500 forms a distinctive “D” shape at the heart of the UK transport infrastructure network linking junctions 15 and 16 of the M6, giving excellent access to national and international markets;
- Investments in infrastructure The EZ will benefit from investments in infrastructure and remediation to ensure that sites are shovel-ready for developers;
- Building on existing sector strengths Our a “cluster” approach will deliver significant advantages, ranging from supply chains through to shared training and development facilities;
- A One-Stop Shop for business support Through the Stoke-on-Trent & Staffordshire Growth Hub, investors in the EZ will have access to a range of targeted services including property solutions, access to finance initiatives, an independent skills brokerage, and real-time business intelligence.
Targeted sites in the EZ will benefit from additional incentives to secure occupiers:
- A simplified planning system This will allow targeted developments to happen and changes to take place without the need for planning permission;
- Business Rate Relief relief will be given up to £55,000 per annum for a 5-year period for businesses entering the EZ. Business Rate Relief will apply to all sites excluding Etruria Valley.
- Enhanced Capital Allowances (ECAs) Companies investing in plant and machinery can qualify for ECAs. These allow businesses to write down the costs of certain assets against their taxable income. At present ECAs give a 100% first year allowance on qualifying assets until March 2020. ECA will only be available on Etruria Valley.
The sites that comprise the Ceramic Valley Enterprise Zone are:
- Chatterley Valley West
- Chatterley Valley East
- Highgate / Ravensdale
- Tunstall Arrow
- Etruria Valley
- Cliffe Vale
Download the Ceramic Valley Enterprise Zone Brochure
For more information email us at email@example.com or telephone 00 44 (0)300 111 8005